Updated on January 10, 2019
There’s a chance that when you click a link to an outside site and buy or book something there—GASP!—we get a commission.
If you don’t like that and are a freeloader who wants to benefit from all the tips we slave away at sharing (it’s a tough life), then it’s simple: Don’t book or buy after clicking those links.
Otherwise, rest assured that we don’t ever recommend you spend your money on anything we wouldn’t spend money on ourselves. Also, even though we get a commission, the price you pay isn’t any higher.
Basically, it’s a win-win. You get to enjoy something cool and we get a bit of money.
How to Support The Unconventional Route
Here’s how you can support The Unconventional Route at no extra cost to yourself:
- Click any link on any of our posts for hotels or items we recommend.
- On that site, book or buy whatever you want. It doesn’t even need to be the item we recommend! We get a commission on whatever madness you decide to pay for as long as you do it after clicking our link.
Alternatively, here are some ways to support The Unconventional Route without spending a dime:
- Share any of our posts you enjoy on social media so more people see the site
- Link to our site or your favorite posts on your own website
- Let us know your feedback in the comments or by email (info @ the unconventional route . com)
- Invite us to come visit you and show us cool adventures we can write about
- Continue reading our posts
Formal Affiliate Disclosure
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites
Thanks for joining us on The Unconventional Route!
Kim & Chris